So, you have made it through middle school and onto the stomping grounds of the upperclassmen. New cafeteria, new locker combination, new friends, and yes, new writing challenges have been in store. Yep, you have made it to twelfth grade, and you spent all of twelve minutes soaking it all in before your first-period teacher assigned your first argumentative essay regarding the school year.
Before you freak out, take an extra to appear during these 22 ideas that are topic your paper. You have been asked to publish about your position on something, so any old topic just will not cut it. This is the 9th grade- you’ve got to be intriguing! You will need a topic that may grasp one and attention you are able to write persuasively about, therefore, it should above all, be something you feel strongly about.
You could go for a highly controversial topic, like abortion if you want to come in really strong. If it is something this general and popular among debates, however, consider narrowing it down or putting a twist on the subject. Don’t go too crazy, however you do want to be noticeable! Think about topics like.
- Under what circumstances/criteria should gay couples be allowed to legally adopt children?
- Who should and may never be permitted to carry a weapon on school grounds?
- How should a mentally ill person be treated/punished for a capital crime?
- Why you have bullying in schools and exactly how can we as students end it?
- Should animal abuse be a crime in this country, and when so, how would the punishment be dealt for offenders? Continue reading “Variety of 22 Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics For 9th Grade”